Ever since Shayla was one year old, she has loved the song Away In A Manger. She sings it throughout the whole Christmas season, and even sometimes during other times of the year. This year, she told me she wanted to sing in the microphone at church. I wasn't sure if she could pull it off. We tried at home to practice as if we were at church, and she did great. We called and they needed a musical number for a couple of weeks in December still, so Shayla and I got put down as the musical number this Sunday. It is so sweet to hear this little voice and to sing with her. I just have to figure out a way to get through the song without being an emotional wreck. We practiced in the chapel to let her see how it will work. Luckily we snuck in a camera during the practice. Hopefully Sunday won't be as rough as this practice, but all in all, I think she did great!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
good luck geting through that! i'm crying just watching this! she has an adorable little voice!
I want to come hear, can I? Busy Sunday for our family, I'm speaking in my ward on Sunday!
Shayla, You have a beautiful voice. I hope that you do well.
I wish that we could come and hear you sing.
I love you.
Love, Grandma
I'm officially calling for encore performance when we're all together. Shayla, both you and your mommy did a great job. Can you practice some more songs to sing for us at Christmas?
Lynnette this is just the beginning. Nothing reduces me to tears faster than listening to my girls sing. I'm sure you will shed many more tears over this precocious little girl of yours!
Post a Comment