That's right, it happened... As much as I didn't want it to... As much as I cried about it... Cambree turned, how old?
Yes, one!
We had a great celebration, even though I wasn't excited about losing my baby. Shayla showed Cambree what balloons were all about.
Yes, one!We had a great celebration, even though I wasn't excited about losing my baby. Shayla showed Cambree what balloons were all about.

Then we put the presents out. Cambree discovered them and was very interested. The guests hadn't even arrived yet, so she had to wait to open them.
Daddy distracted her by showing her the decorations.

Finally, she got to open her presents. How exciting!
There was no need to worry that she didn't grasp the opening presents idea. There were plenty of helpers.

I wonder if she knows what she got for her birthday. She'll have to ask her helpers.

Time for cake! Cambree refused to make a mess.
No messy cake shots here.
No messy cake shots here.

Maybe she'll get messy when she eats it.

But she's just not sure about what to think of cake.

The verdicts out. She'd rather stay clean. There was no cake eating here.

What was that? You thought that cake looked great! Well, thanks! I actually made it myself. Yes it's true, Kerali, I decorated the cake! I am pretty proud of myself. I'm sure you want a closer look at what a fabulous job I did. Well, I'll not bore you. I'm really not one to brag. Oh... OK, here it is....
7 comments:
oh happiest of happies!! we wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! and lucy especially wishes she could eat that 'meeee' cake! we love you!
How great is that cake? It would have been hard for me to cut it! And, nice...she doesn't eat it! She's watching her girlish figure already!
Happy birthday to Cambree. Sorry we missed it. That cake is pretty dang imressive. I know where I'll be going for Tate's next birthday. I'm sorry yesterday was so hard for you- it looked like quite the success.
holy cow, that cake!!! i've never seen anything like it!! you are ready to make christmas sugar cookies with lara!
seriously...that is amazing. i am just so impressed. just think, you totally rebounded from the chicken noodle soup disaster and came up with what might just be the most adorable cake of all time.
if things go south with the whole "orthodontics" biz, isn't it nice to know you could support the family with your cake decorating skills? I'm sure Costco would be very interested in you.
I was there and saw the cake, it was amazing and impressive in person too! Well done Mom and Dad!
The helpers were hillarious. Shyala started off all the helping and by the end 2 of the 3 cousins were pitching in too. Can't wait until Cambree's a bit older and can defend herself against unasked for help. ;)
I had to comment since I rated a mention in this post, (albeit a week late!) Your cake is beautiful! You did a fantastic job! No wonder Cambree couldn't bear to mess it up! She was probably crying because you cut up her beautiful Minnie cake! How could you, you mean mom you!
I can't believe she is already a year old. Happy Birthday to an adorable one year old!
i was just browsing through again (since you finally posted more) and i can see so much of lucy in cambree in her birthday pics! so fun!!
Post a Comment