As a second child, I swore I would never do hand-me-downs. I hated them and I knew I would not subject my children to something as humiliating as wearing her sister's clothes. All of my children would have brand new clothes just for them. No way would I give in to the pressures of reusing. "Use it up, wear it out, fix it up, whatever you do don't throw it out" has never been my motto.
However, I have this other side of me called a cheapskate. I save my Q-tips that have only been used on one side, I won't throw a toilet paper roll away until every single square of toilet paper is used, and I will not throw away a perfectly good outfit. So I am very careful to make sure that my girls never know that I actually do make them wear hand-me-downs. I would never take pictures of them in the same outfit, that would be wrong!
However, I have this other side of me called a cheapskate. I save my Q-tips that have only been used on one side, I won't throw a toilet paper roll away until every single square of toilet paper is used, and I will not throw away a perfectly good outfit. So I am very careful to make sure that my girls never know that I actually do make them wear hand-me-downs. I would never take pictures of them in the same outfit, that would be wrong!
What's this? Oh, it's a cute picture of Shayla when she is almost 9 months old sitting in a rocking chair. How cute!
Oh look, a cute picture of Cambree sitting in a rocking chair. How sweet!

What do you mean? They're in the same outfit!
I think the only difference between this picture and Shayla's picture, is that Cambree is two weeks away from being one and the outfit fits her the same way it fit Shayla at eight and a half months. Cambree sure is a tiny little thing. In fact I saved the outfit for just that reason. I just wanted to see the difference in size between my two girls (yeah, that's it.)
I think the only difference between this picture and Shayla's picture, is that Cambree is two weeks away from being one and the outfit fits her the same way it fit Shayla at eight and a half months. Cambree sure is a tiny little thing. In fact I saved the outfit for just that reason. I just wanted to see the difference in size between my two girls (yeah, that's it.)
They sure are cute together!
8 comments:
i know what you mean. but someday cambree's gonna really want to wear shayla's clothes. so much that she'll watch from over the stairs to see what shayla's got on for the day, then sneak in her room and create the same outfit for herself. then of course shayla will get raging mad about matching with her little sister. little sister will be so sensitive that she will probably cry. mom will explain that you go to different schools so it doesn't matter if you are wearing matching clothes-no one will notice.... nah, that'd never happen.
Ann, you're hilarious, I thought of the same thing! I'm laughing out loud at the post & your comment as I sit in the library's computer room...Sorry you hated my taste in clothes so much growing up, Lynette, but you don't complain about hand-me-ups now, mmmm guess that comes with growing up... Regardless of the hand-me-down issue, your girls are adorable!
I am in a complete state of shock. I cannot believe that you would actually reuse clothing. You would never ever catch me or any of my children rewearing an outfit let alone dressing them in a "hand-me-down". We just wear the outfit once and then toss it in the trash. If I do happen to see one of my children wearing a "used" article of clothing, they get a lashing.
Look, I've never posted a comment on your blog. But, you know I religiously read it. And my reason for posting now is three fold.
#1 it's late, I can't sleep.
#2 I feel that you might be sad that I don't post comments on your blog (seeing how they're so witty)
#3 I'm with Liz, Don't advertise how you abuse your kids, and make them wear used clothes! Don't start a bad habit! Next thing you know you'll be telling Shayla that she can find a lovely prom dress at the DI, and you don't know what she's complaining about. Don't let that be you!
Oh, and PS...it's so cool to see a picture of cute Shayla. It is just like her, only small. It makes me excited to see what Cambree is going to look like. But let's not hurry finding out!! Time goes by too fast as it is!
I am amazed that you could find that picture of Shayla in that particular outfit knowing all of the pictures you have taken of her.
It just goes to show that I did not teach you how to organize....you did it all on your own.
Mother
Just to add to Ann's comment...after big sister has been told it doesn't matter she will still change her outfit. And once little sister sees this she will attempt to change her clothes to match her big sister, but this time Mother will step in and little sister will get in trouble. Doesn't really seem fair to me. And now to comment on your girls- they're very cute. Adorable even. I'm glad Shayla likes Cambree and that they're good friends. Hopefully that continues.
Wow--anybody notice there is no more room for comments due to all the emotional baggage.
Haa, haa. Spoken like a true counselor!
Post a Comment