Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School


Yea, that's right, that's Shayla walking into school.  How did this happen?



She knows how to line up with her class, and to follow directions. 



She gave me a big hug and kiss good-bye, like she's all grown up and doesn't need me anymore.



She looks so excited to be here at school.



Cambree will miss her.



Cambree got in the car after dropping her off and said, "Uh, Oh, Mommy, Where's Shay-a?"



She is so proud of her backpack (wasn't it just yesterday when she called it a packpack?)



I guess she's ready for school, but is school ready for her?



What a little sweetheart!



Really, how did this all happen so fast?



Wasn't THIS yesterday?

12 comments:

JaNae said...

How you holding up, Mom? Cool backpack, Shayla, glad you found a cute pink one! You look way too grown up, please grow smaller for a while, or at least slow down the growing up process.

JaNae said...

I love the leggins under her skirt, great choice of new school clothes.

Yes, Lynette, it seems like it WAS just yesterday when she was born!

Deborah said...

I'm glad to see that you survived long enough to post on your blog. Don't know what kind of state you're in but we know you're still around. I hope all the nerves (Shayla's and yours) go away soon. Congrats Shayla. Now go find yourself a boyfriend like I did.

The Garners said...

I'm sorry that the group wasn't more in for some crying this morning. For some reason...that just wasn't the reaction. We really BARELY made it there (what's new)

She looked beautiful, and big and she'll do great, and you're gonna love a couple hours with just Cambree. I hate that this stuff is so hard on you. Hope you'll feel better after she comes home!!

Stevens said...

I admit I teared up a bit when I dropped Ben off...I wasn't expecting that! isn't it so fun to see them grow up and excited about going to school though. We loved our cousin time this weekend. thanks!

Jen Baxter said...

Shayla looked so cute! I love the outfit. Very good choice! I can imagine that the day was hard. Big changes big step. I know she will be great!

Ann said...

boo hoo hoo! i'm teary-eyed just looking at the pictures! you're brave! what's with the naughty kid who can't stand in a line? better hold him back til next year! good luck, mom! and way to go, shayla!!!

Liz and John Behunin said...

I told Baxter that if I was you I would have cried too. It's hard sending your little girl to a new school where she doesn't know anyone. Good old Sunrise Elm. Good times, good times.

The Pollards said...

We all know how tough you are Lynette. Shayla will make it and so will you. Great seeing you the other day!

Emily said...

Time really does go so fast! I can't believe she is in school already!

Jennifer Duncan said...

Hi Lynette! Jacob is seeing your hubby now I can't believe he's old enough to be needing a retainer! Where does the time go! Julia started Kindgarten too last week and today she climbed on the bus for the first time this morning and she looked way too small to be climbing those big steps onto that big yellow bus. I'm in denial that my kids are even in school I planned a vacation for the first week of school! How's that for irresponsebility?? Jacob is in the 2nd grade! Yikes! He has a girlfriend that he chases at recess named Bailey! Julia is in love with a deacon who passed us the sacrament on Sunday. She said "oooh, my lovey, my baby, he's so handsome" What?! Where does she get that stuff from?? I'm in trouble. Our blog is www.brianandjenniferduncan.blogspot.com

None of that is in there though. You're blog is way cute by the way.

Rosie said...

Hi Lynette! No way is Shayla already in school! The last time I saw her she was a baby! I just found your blog so I'm excited to catch up on your fam. Did you hear we are adopting? We're so excited! Love Ya!