Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mother of the Year!

I realize it is only 13 days into the new year, but my phone just rang.....I just solidified myself to win "Mother of the Year!" That's right! I'm the winner. I can't believe it. It must be from my great parenting skills. Sorry to all you other mothers that were striving for that goal, it's fulfilled. Really, not everyone can be as great as a mother as me. I mean it, check out the pictures!


I let my children absorb themselves in TV. Even my 8 month old can't pry herself away. Why can't other mothers learn that this is the best way to parent.




I even keep my baby up late. I let her sleep in her car seat. I realize the experts say this is bad, but really, I'm the one who has won "Mother of the Year" so what do they know? Look at how peaceful she is. If the experts could only see her now.



Oh yea, and I also have an 8 month old child with a broken leg! Yea! that's right, I let my baby fall off my bed and break her leg. Can anyone beat that? I don't think so.

10 comments:

Ann said...

wha...no! seriously? i'm so sorry for you-all of you as i know that this is a traumatic experience especially for you, lynette. sending love, snuggles, and prayers for a quick recovery!

JaNae said...

Oh, NO! Poor thing! I'm so sorry. Love, hugs, and kisses from us too!!!

Trista said...

Oh, baby, I'm sorry! I don't see anything wrong with any of those things, however. Most of us are just lucky the leg didn't break when their kids fell. :D Heck, I dropped Sabrina!

Jen Baxter said...

Oh my gosh! That is so sad! Poor thing. And if you are the mother of the year I am right up there with ya. On a side note she is the cutest thing ever!

D said...

Awww- that is so sad. I know it is more traumatizing for the parent than the child. Being the Mother of the Year that you are, I'm sure you'll turn it into arts-n-crafts day and you and the girls can decorate her cast :)

Carol said...

Thank goodness that she is little and is easily carried with that cast. Wish that I could come and give both of you a kiss.
Mother

Stevens said...

Lynette!!! Oh no! When did this happen? I'm so sorry. I hope she is adjusting ok. It looks like you're up for a couple of fun weeks ahead. Good luck!

Dan and Jen said...

Oh my goodness!!! I had no idea! Poor little thing.

Liz and John Behunin said...

Oh that is so sad, Poor little thing. I'm going to have John file a report on you. Ha, Ha.

The Garners said...

How did I miss this? Oh my gosh!! Poor thing! Yeah, you ARE the mother of the year. Just kidding. I love 'ya 'Nette. And you KNOW that my kids are the king and queen of the TV. I hope Tianne is doing okay. She DOES look awfully cute there....even with a broken leg!!