This is it, the point of no return. I have to admit I have tears as I write this. (Why do I have to be one of "those" moms?) She's off to 1st grade! How did this happen? Wasn't she just a baby? But despite my feelings, Shayla is SOOOOO excited. We've only had our outfit picked and laid out for five days. We've planned our first school lunch two weeks ago (tomatoes soup in a thermos). We met our teacher and saw our classroom, what else is there, but to actually start school. Cambree is going to miss her! She got up in time to say a quick good-bye. It's amazing how quiet the house is, and how I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be doing now. I'm sure she'll be off to college tomorrow with how fast time flies.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I can't believe she's gone all day, every day. Tianne better hurry and grow up so Cambree has someone to play with.
Boo for growing up! I know! What am I supposed to do all day? And who is going to get me toiletpaper when mine runs out before I realized? Millie is useless.
I hope she has a great day at school. And how cute is her lunch box?
Let's do lunch!
I STILL cry on the first day of school and I have a teenager. It is quite pathetic. Good luck- I know it's sad to move on to new stages. But it is neat too.
i don't think they should be allowed to go to school if they're still so small that their backpack dwarfs them and their lunchbox looks like a full-size carry-on in their hands. glad that she's happy and excited! i'm sure she'll have a great day. you on the other hand...just try to keep your head above water.
I love Shayla's face in the picture where she is hugging Cambree she really looks sooo excited to hug her little sister. However her little sister super excited. I hope it went well and that she made a bunch of new friends and hopefully she learned something.
Awwwww.....I can't believe it either; other people's kids stay the same age of when I last saw them in my mind, it's weird. Shayla literally grows before my eyes each time I see her.
Great outfit choice, fabulous backpack & the coolest lunchbox ever! Leaving for school completely stinks on the parents...I was crying when Sid left for USU...and the tears keep coming when I think about it! Hang in there, Sis! Hope Shayla L-O-V-E-S, loves 1st grade and that everyone survives the time with her gone from the house.
Post a Comment